Pattrick & Thompsons Limited was originally founded in 1865 by William Thompson. He was soon joined by William Pattrick and George Woodwork. After rapidly expanding it became a Public Limited Company in its present name in 1902.
From its early beginnings it grew to occupy a large site featuring its own saw mills and timber storage sheds. The company was one of the first in the area to mechanise its haulage arm by purchasing a fleet of motor lorries to extend its area of trade to large parts of the Midlands and the Eastern Counties.
The ‘Timbercentre’ was first opened in 1971 to better serve Kings Lynn and the surrounding area with a wide range of timber, ironmongery and building supplies.
In 1989 Pattrick & Thompsons Limited was appointed as a Royal Warrant holder (Timber Merchants) by HM The Queen, a title that it still holds today.
Pattrick & Thompsons Limited has changed ownership throughout the course of its life and under its new owners, Rose Group, continues to trade and thrive as a merchant, manufacturer, and distributor of timber and building materials. Operating from the same King's Lynn site off Tuesday Market Place since 1865, the highly experienced, long serving and knowledgeable team of 28 locally based employees service the timber and building supplies needs of local customers along with providing national coverage for many major UK housebuilders.
Not only is the main product that it supplies sustainable in its nature, the re-development plans are aimed to not only modernise the look of the site and increase its operational efficiency, but also to reduce its carbon footprint. This can be evidenced by the plans to install large PV arrays, energy & water saving technologies and investment in electric company cars and on-site plant.